Tombstoning with RapidRepository

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Hi again...

Don't know if you are still hungry for feature requests :D .... but one thing that would be really nice would be if you could use RapidRepository for transient storage to a separate repository as well. 

RapidRepository makes it easy to store all permanent objects, but as I was sitting now trying to mess around with tombstoning I realized I might need several instances of each Model.

One instance that is saved to permanent storage and one "progress-in-work-model" that is stored in a temporary repository for tombstoning.

If I were to save both models to RapidRepository, my temporary model would be placed in the same repository as the permanent one (showing up in the same queries etc)

Currently Im looking into marking all my models with a transient property. If the transient property is set, the instances do not show up in normal queries, and must be queried specifically for tombstoning purposes.

Also all models set to transient are cleaned during application startup.

While this solution should work well, I'm thinking that inherent support for tombstoning purposes might be a nice addition.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Hi Mirtul,

That's a really cool idea, I think it would be great to have that build in, not sure how best to implement, maybe have a seperate repository to derive from or maybe have some methods like AddTransient, Update transient etc. any ideas on how you would like it implemented?

Cheers,

Sean.